The church of ST. PETER is built of stone and consists of nave. chancel. north aisle, west tower, and south porch. The tower and much of the nave were rebuilt between 1890 and 1905 Of the aisle-less Norman church there remain the Jambs of the south doorway, the chancel arch, and the font
The low but massive chancel arch is semicircular and of three orders. supported on jamb shafts with scalloped capitals
The unusual square font has a cable ornament round the top, an attached shaft at each comer with a moulded base and scalloped capital, and a different geometrical pattern covering each of the four faces.
The 3-bay arcade to the aisle, dating from c.1170-1200. has semicircular arches of two chamfered orders. The piers are circular with nail-head ornament to the capitals and 'water-holding’ bases
There are small lancet windows in the south and east walls of the chancel
and at the East End of the aisle.
In the north wall of the chancel is an opening, not thought to be a 'squint', which may survive from the 12thC chancel
The tower retains a cobbled floor, either preserved or replaced